Statement on Re-Opening Church (6/8/20)
Many of you have seen that houses of worship are beginning to open up and Governor Cuomo has increased the maximum size of a worship gathering to 25% capacity of the building rather than just 10 people. This is very encouraging! I am in conversation with our Administrative Council’s on how we can get back to in-person worship as soon as possible. However, even with the increase in the maximum number of worshipers there are many regulations which we need to follow and we need to develop our plan of how can safely have church in a way that is still meaningful to all. As of right now we do not have a “re-open” date, but we will keep you all updated as our plans for re-opening continue to develop. For now, please know we are working on it and we are eager to get back! We will continue live-streaming Sunday services at 10am on the Schuylerville UMC Facebook Page
General Sunday Service Information
- Who: All are welcome!
- What: A time of prayer, worship, Bible teaching, and fellowship
- When: 11:00AM, with refreshments and fellowship after the service
- Where: 51 Church Street, Schuylerville, NY 12871
- Why: To deepen our relationship with Jesus and with one another
- We are pleased to offer Sunday School every week during our Sunday worship.
- Our talented and loving team creates an enjoyable and enriching experience for children from Kindergarten to 7th grade.
- We have two Sunday School classes during the service. One is for our younger kids approximately 2-6 years old, the other is for our older kids, approximately 7-13 years old.
- The older class is using a curriculum called "The New City Catechism" and the younger class is working through "Jesus Storybook Bible".
- We are pleased to offer a nursery space during Sunday worship. We don't mind the noise, we love having children in service, but if you feel the need to take your child out for any reason, we do live stream the service into our nursery area so you can still experience the service.
- We do not have nursery staff at this point, but our loving congregation is always willing to help if you need a hand!